I got involved in photographing the space program initially through the planetarium at the college I worked at in Cocoa, Florida. But, it was a call I received to assist in disposing of some old photographic chemicals that really set me on the path of exploring the deactivated space launch complexes at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. I was a photography professor at the the time. In the process of assisting the Air Force with this project, I saw the original Gemini Titan Launch pad (long abandoned) and I immediately knew I had to photograph it.
 |
| Flooded Room Beneath Gemini Pad 19 at Cape Canaveral |
Little did I know this chance visit to one of these old pads would lead me on a twenty year journey through the history of America's space program. I have photographed at most of the launch sites at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Numerous historic events have taken place there.
 |
Launch Ring, Apollo Complex 34,
Cape Canaveral Air Force Station |
 |
Launch Ring Restored, Apollo Complex 34,
Cape Canaveral Air Force Station |
Many of the facilities I have documented have decayed, been demolished, or been repurposed for current launch vehicles.
 |
Universal Environmental Shelter, MST, Complex 40 (Demolished),
Cape Canaveral Air Force Station |
Along with Cape Canaveral, i have photographed at many of the other NASA centers and test facilities.
 |
7 X 10 Foot Wind Tunnel,
NASA Langley Research Center, VA |
 |
| Pressure Gauge Panel, Santa Suzana, CA |
No comments:
Post a Comment