![]() |
| Discovery on Pad 39A with RSS in place |
The launch of STS 133 has already been delayed three times from Monday, November 1st until tomorrow, November 4th. Weather forecasts are less than favorable, but because Cape Canaveral and Merritt Island, where the Kennedy Space Center is technically located, stick out into the Atlantic Ocean, you can never really know what the weather will do.
If the launch goes by Friday, I'll be able to see it, but if it is postponed beyond then, I'll need to leave.
![]() | ||
| Discovery on 39A with RSS rolled back. |
Here are some images of the press site where I'll photograph the launch from.
![]() |
| The flag and countdown clock. |
![]() | ||
| The Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) from the Press site |
The Vehicle Assembly Building is where the shuttles are connected to the SRBs (solid rocket boosters) and the ET (External Tank).
Here are images of the inside of the Media Building at KSC.
This will be Discovery's 39th and final mission into space. She looks pretty good for a 20+ year old Space Ship!







No comments:
Post a Comment