
Hello,
My name is Roland Miller. I am a photographer who has been photographing America's Space Program for over 20 years. The purpose of this blog is to give you some insight into what happens during a Space Shuttle launch. I'll be photographing the launch from the Media Site at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. After the launch, I hope to make some photographs of the facilities and possibly the other orbiters. I'll be posting photographs and more as my work progresses next week. Let me know what questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them.
Here is a photograph I made of the launch of STS 129 from the roof of the Vehicle Assembly Building at the Kennedy Space Center. I'm in the process of photographically documenting the winding down of the Space Shuttle Program. There are only three Space Shuttle launches remaining and the fleet will be retired in mid 2011.
I have photographed at many of NASA's centers in an attempt to document the various stages involved in the production, processing, and launch of the Space Shuttles.The image to the right is from the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans where the Space Shuttle External Tanks were manufactured.


No comments:
Post a Comment